<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

MUSIC OF THE GOTHIC ERA

In the days when it was possible to check LPs out of libraries, one of my favorite records was Music of the Gothic Era by the Early Music Consort of London, directed by David Munrow. After I'd moved away from the library that owned it, I looked for it in record bins when I got the chance, but with no luck. I also listened to other recordings of medieval music, including The Art of Courtly Love, another recording by Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London covering a somewhat later period (iirc), and critical favorites The Anonymous Four. But none of these did it for me the way Music of the Gothic Era did.

When I was in the Bay Area last month, I went to Amoeba Records in Berkeley, and they had Music of the Gothic Era on CD (a German import). I'd bought a bunch of other CDs too, so it took me a while to get around to listening to it, but the other day I did, and it was just as gorgeous as I'd remembered it being.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?