<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

RENO 911!

To make up for the recent posts about alleged humor books that weren't funny, here's something that is funny: the DVD of Reno 911! The Complete First Season. I'd seen scattered episodes of this during visits to my family (I don't have cable myself), and found them mildly amusing. But when I watched the entire season, I liked it a lot better: watching the episodes in succession made it clear, as individual episodes in isolation didn't, that it really is character-based humor, and not just people acting like idiots. I'm not claiming that it's Fawlty Towers, but it's worth checking out. The DVD has commentary tracks to four episodes: the first is worth listening to, the others not so much.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?