<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

REVIEWS, MINE AND OTHERS (ON THE WEB AND NOT)

I'd meant to link to this before, but Johanna Carlson has a nice appreciation of the manga series Hot Gimmick up at Comics Worth Reading. (Warning: there are spoilers.) Ironically, right now I'm not sure whether I want to continue buying it or not.

If you're curious about my opinions on translated manga, you can read my reviews of Buddha and X-Day in The Comics Interpreter vol. 2, no. 3, which also sports a stunning cover by James Jean as well as an interview with him. I also have a review of the French graphic novel Road to America in vol. 2, no. 2.

UPDATE: After I wrote this, Johanna revised her Hot Gimmick review so its spoilers are much vaguer (though if you don't want any spoilers at all, you should stop reading after the nineteenth paragraph (the one that begins "Hatsumi has a beauty...")).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?