<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

BUSH AND RUMSFELD HAVE MADE US A NATION OF TORTURERS

As I sit here playing with my computer, it's very likely that somebody is being tortured by someone whom my taxes are helping to pay.

I've gained a good deal of sympathy for the extreme radicals of the 60s in these past months. They said and did a lot of stupid, and occasionally evil, things; but they did so because they found the situation they were in morally unendurable. When I think about it, my situation is morally unendurable; but I know of nothing I can do that's likely to change anything, so I rarely think about it.

If you want to make yourself uncomfortable, Jeanne d'Arc and Jim Henley, whom I've added to my blogroll, are doing excellent jobs of covering this topic.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?