<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

NEVER LET ME GO LINKBLOGGING

I realize I've been doing very little posting of late. If anybody is still checking here every other day or so, my apologies: I don't know when, if ever, I'll return to more frequent blogging.

For now, here are a couple of discussions of Never Let Me Go that you might want to check out, though they're both apparently over. (Warning: brief spoiler ahead.) First, John Holbo links to a thoughtful negative review of the book by Adam Roberts. (Scott Eric Kaufman had linked to Roberts' review earlier.) In the comments to Holbo's post, Laura Carroll eloquently defends the book, and Roberts replies. I also have a short comment in that thread (the last, as of this writing).

Second (though first chronologically), there's a discussion of the book on The Guardian's culture blog, focusing particularly on the clones' passivity and failure to rebel. This discussion accompanied (and links to) a series of brief articles on the book, one of which is by Ishiguro himself.

I may write something more substantial on the book here in a few days. Right now I'm waiting for the copy I ordered from interlibrary loan to arrive. (Yes, I am a cheapskate. Also, I own so many books compared to the amount of space I have that I really shouldn't buy any more.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?